Instant Pot Lentil Black Eyed Pea Stew

Here is an excellent roast chicken, legume, grain, and veggie stew. It is one of those recipes you can tailor to incorporate vegetables that you have handy. The recipes for the stew and a spice blend follow.

This is a free form soup I made in the Instant Pot. The nice thing about the Instant Pot is it does its own thing so that you can do yours. Just chop, add water, and boom. You don't even really need recipes with an IP, but I will still document all the different sorts of things I make on here.

• 2 cups dried lentils
  • 4 carrots
  • 3 onions
  • 1 whole roast chicken, bones and all
  • 2 cups dried black eyed peas
  • 2 red peppers
  • water up to fill line
  • 1 cup barley or other grain
  • 5 radishes
  • mega spices*

*Use as many spices as you like. I may make a recipe for Mega Spice Bomb. I usually do 2 tablespoons turmeric, 2 tablespoons black pepper, 1 tablespoon cayenne, 3 tablespoons marjoram, 2 tablespoons cumin, 3 tablespoons sage, 4 tablespoons salt, 1 tablespoon paprika, and literally whatever else crosses my path.

1. Fill the instant pot to fill line. Take your entire roast chicken and put it in the water. Remove string first.
  2. Cut up all your vegetables and add to water.
  3. Add legumes and spices.
  4. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes, and release naturally. This is where you turn the IP off and let the pressure reduce by itself. This takes about 20 minutes.
Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Recipes Pressure CookerJune 19, 2020
🌻
🐛
🎆
😎
😷
👔