Introducing a New Cat?

I have a black cat who's neutered and about 1 to 2 months old and I just rescued a kitten probably 4-8 wks. They get along OK, but my older cat seems a little aggressive. The little kitten doesn't yell or make any noise so idk if the older cat is attacking or playing. The big cat plays the same way with my Pomeranian. And my older cat is acting a little distant now. Is it just temporary?

By Rich

It seems quite normal to me. It takes cats awhile to work out their territory. I do draw the line at very aggressive fighting (the kind that will give you Vet. bills) I keep a squirt bottle of water handy for that kind of fighting. But 99% of cat fighting (especially kittens) is just for fun or establishing boundaries. This all takes a couple months but all should get back to normal.

Pets CatsSeptember 11, 2013
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Introducing-a-New-Cat.html