Inverted Dish to Keep Salads Crisp

Invert a plate at the bottom of the salad bowl. Any moisture will collect under the plate, keeping the salad fresh.

Interesting idea that I will try with my next green salad. I just LOVE the bowl with the yellow tulips! It's gorgeous.

Anonymous

Thank you! This bowl was given to me as an engagement gift. It is one of my most treasured gifts, and I have never seen another one like it.

I got the bowl as an engagement gift many years ago and love it, too! I have never seen another one like it. Thanks for the compliment and enjoy crisp salads!

What was your tip? Just kidding, I too got side tracked by that beautiful tulip bowl, I'm sure you get lots of complements on it.

Also thanks for your handy tip, I've gotten a lot of good ideas from this column. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous

This is a smart ideal

I saw one on Etsy with this yellow tulip pattern; however, the bowl has a straight edge. It does not curve out so you can not place an inverted plate on top of the salad. The plate would get stuck. :- (

Just use a smaller diameter dish for the bowl with straight sides. If a saucer is too large, use a small candy dish/bowl. Anything would work.

Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesDecember 1, 2015
🍀
💘