Is My Dog a Pure Bred Pit Bull?

Does my pup look like a Pit Bull or a mix? He's supposed to be a purebred. I don't see it. Do you?

Best Answer

Just found out he's mixed with border collie

Usually dogs that are purebred have papers. You can take this dog to your local AKC meeting and you can get their opinion. You can also invest around $100 and have your vet perform a DNA test.

He looks like a mix, but only a dna test can tell for sure.

I figured he was. I just wasn't sure because I got him 4 days ago and the lady I got him from said he was a purebred.

I saw your dog and he looks identical to my dog just younger, even the colored eye patch is the same. My dog is a male white and reversed brindle 75% Pit-Bull and 25% Boxer. Also, I am pretty sure your dog is the same breed as mine because the facial expressions, jaw and skull type, and the stature being long and broad with a small layer of muscle definition.

The only thing I noticed to be different is the way the ears are positioned and your dog's ears look more like boxers ears but he may be more like 50/50.