Italian Hot Dish

A delicious one dish meal, that tastes even better the next day. I baked it on the toaster oven so as not to heat up the kitchen. You can use any ground meat or pasta shape you have on hand. If you purchase all the items on sale this is also very economical.

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Cook Time: 40 minutes

Total Time: 70 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

Source: Taste of Home

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain.
  2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and crumble beef with 1/2 cup mushrooms, onion and green pepper over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
  3. Drain the beef.
  4. Stir in seasonings and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
  5. Place pasta in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray or lined with foil.
  6. Top with meat sauce and remaining mushrooms. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
  7. Bake, covered for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes.

Judy, I can't wait to make your Italian Hot Dish. It looks really delicious, the meaty sauce and the cheese over the pasta, YUMMMMY

Thank you for this recipe! :)

I forgot to say Judy, your Hot Italian Dish also having the bell peppers, onions and mushrooms in it, it's now on my mind big time haha - and I really won't rest until I make it! hehe Yummy!!
I'll have to do that soon, really. I can't wait, this really struck a cord, the hungry for "your Italian Dish" cord, hehe :)

You are welcome. I think you will enjoy it.

Hi Judy,

Guess what's for dinner in our house tonight? hehe :)

Yes, your dish here is what I'm making and I'm sure looking forward to it!

Thanks again!! :)

Hi Judy,

Well, we sure enjoyed dinner last night! Your Italian Hot Dish was excellent! The mushrooms and bell pepper totally set this off into "yum-yum land".

Thank you very much Judy! :)

Thank you for letting me know. I am very glad it was a success!

Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesJuly 21, 2019
📓
🐛
😎
🌻