Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipes

Spicy jalapeños are with cream cheese to make this delicious spread. Serve it with crisp tortilla chips or vegetables.

I love jalapeno poppers. But I don't love cutting, de-seeding and stuffing them. This dip is so quick to throw together and it's delicious. Would be the perfect for the Big Game! You can easily half the recipe - I always do. It's the perfect amount for us. But, if you have a big crowd to feed you should stick with the recipe amounts. You can substitute the canned jalapenos with fresh jalapenos. I've always done it that way but lately I have developed a sensitivity to jalapenos and my hands burn for a couple of days. Not worth it at all! So, now I stick to the canned.

Total Time: 10 minutes, plus 20 minutes to bake.

Yield: Varies

Source: Adapted from a recipe on allrecipes.com

• 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (The original recipe calls for shredded Mexican blend cheese)
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1 (4 oz) can can chopped green chiles
  • 1 (4 oz) can chopped jalapenos
  • Topping (optional)
  • 1 panko bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup stick butter, melted
  • 1/2 parmesan cheese

1. In a mixing bowl, blend the first 6 ingredients til blended well. (The original recipe says to put the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and process 'til smooth. But, I was living dangerously tonight and didn't feel like washing the food processor! Do whatever makes you happy).
  2. Advertisement

3. Spread the dip into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
  4. Optional topping step: Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan and butter. Sprinkle over dip. (I don't add the topping because my family does not like it)
  5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes, until top is browned and dip is bubbling around the edges.
  6. Serve with chips or crackers.....or on top of an old shoe! (Just kidding about that last part. It's just so good!)

Jalapeno poppers can be expensive to purchase in the store. This dip is a great tasting alternative and much cheaper. It also makes a great gift for someone who enjoys spicy food.

Food and Recipes Recipes Dips & SpreadsMay 21, 2019
🌻
😷
🐛
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Jalapeno-Popper-Dip-Recipes.html