Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipes

Spicy jalapeños are with cream cheese to make this delicious spread. Serve it with crisp tortilla chips or vegetables.

I love jalapeno poppers. But I don't love cutting, de-seeding and stuffing them. This dip is so quick to throw together and it's delicious. Would be the perfect for the Big Game! You can easily half the recipe - I always do. It's the perfect amount for us. But, if you have a big crowd to feed you should stick with the recipe amounts. You can substitute the canned jalapenos with fresh jalapenos. I've always done it that way but lately I have developed a sensitivity to jalapenos and my hands burn for a couple of days. Not worth it at all! So, now I stick to the canned.

Total Time: 10 minutes, plus 20 minutes to bake.

Yield: Varies

Source: Adapted from a recipe on allrecipes.com

• 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (The original recipe calls for shredded Mexican blend cheese)
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1 (4 oz) can can chopped green chiles
  • 1 (4 oz) can chopped jalapenos
  • Topping (optional)
  • 1 panko bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup stick butter, melted
  • 1/2 parmesan cheese

1. In a mixing bowl, blend the first 6 ingredients til blended well. (The original recipe says to put the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and process 'til smooth. But, I was living dangerously tonight and didn't feel like washing the food processor! Do whatever makes you happy).
  2. Spread the dip into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
  3. Optional topping step: Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan and butter. Sprinkle over dip. (I don't add the topping because my family does not like it)
  4. Ad

5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes, until top is browned and dip is bubbling around the edges.
  6. Serve with chips or crackers.....or on top of an old shoe! (Just kidding about that last part. It's just so good!)

Top Comment

My mouth is watering as I am looking at this dip! One of my favorite foods in the whole stinkin' world is jalapeno poppers. I will definitely be making this soon!

Jalapeno poppers can be expensive to purchase in the store. This dip is a great tasting alternative and much cheaper. It also makes a great gift for someone who enjoys spicy food.

• 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies,drained
  • 2 oz. diced jalapeno peppers (drain if using canned or jarred peppers)
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (fresh is best)

Directions:

Stir together softened cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in green chilies and jalapeno peppers. Pour mixture into a microwave safe serving dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Microwave on high until hot, about 3 minutes. It is also good served cold. Serve with crackers, chips, or sliced sourdough baguettes.

Servings: 32
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 3 Minutes

Source: All Recipes

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC