AppetizersRecipes

Jalapeno Popper Dip

I love jalapeno poppers. But I don't love cutting, de-seeding and stuffing them. This dip is so quick to throw together and it's delicious. Would be the perfect for the Big Game! You can easily half the recipe - I always do. It's the perfect amount for us. But, if you have a big crowd to feed you should stick with the recipe amounts. You can substitute the canned jalapenos with fresh jalapenos. I've always done it that way but lately I have developed a sensitivity to jalapenos and my hands burn for a couple of days. Not worth it at all! So, now I stick to the canned.

Total Time: 10 minutes, plus 20 minutes to bake.

Yield: Varies

Source: Adapted from a recipe on allrecipes.com

1. In a mixing bowl, blend the first 6 ingredients til blended well. (The original recipe says to put the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and process 'til smooth. But, I was living dangerously tonight and didn't feel like washing the food processor! Do whatever makes you happy).
  2. Spread the dip into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
  3. Ad
  4. Optional topping step: Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan and butter. Sprinkle over dip. (I don't add the topping because my family does not like it)
  5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes, until top is browned and dip is bubbling around the edges.
  6. Serve with chips or crackers.....or on top of an old shoe! (Just kidding about that last part. It's just so good!)

My mouth is watering as I am looking at this dip! One of my favorite foods in the whole stinkin' world is jalapeno poppers. I will definitely be making this soon!

I've never had jalepaño poppers but I know my husband likes them. I will be making these. They look so good.

Do you also add the juice from the canned chili's & jalapeno's or do you drain them first?