Jambalaya Recipes

When my old crock pot quit working I only had my rice cooker and decided to use it as my crock pot. The Jambalaya turned out every bit as delicious as when using the crock pot for my jambalaya recipe.

Ingredients

Directions

Fry the smoked sausage in a frying pan on the stove. Stop to remove excess grease. Add all the remaining ingredients to the rice cooker and stir gently. Add cooked sausage after draining well. Push the cook button on the rice cooker and when the rice cooker stops cooking, it's ready. Serve in bowls with hot sauce and green salad.

9 More Solutions

Saute the onions in olive oil, cut up kielbasa and add to it. In a separate pot, bring beef broth to a boil then add the instant brown rice. Cook the rice 10 minutes on low

Toss chicken with 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning and salt. In nonstick skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Add sausage; cook until heated, 1-2 minutes...

Two recipes for Chicken Jambalaya

Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. Put all ingredients (except shrimp and rice) in crockpot. Cover; cook on low for 8 hours. Add shrimp the last 20 minutes of cooking. Stir in rice before serving.

Combine rice, olives, ham, and chicken; place in buttered baking dish. Saute' onion and green pepper or celery in butter until tender. Add tomatoes, bay leaf, parsley, and seasonings; simmer for 5 minutes.

All will be cooked in slow cooker/crock pot. Toss in diced tomatoes (do not drain). Turn crock pot on low. Chop up onions, green pepper and celery and add them to crock pot.

We have good friends who often do a little shrimping every Spring. The Spring is especially good for catching large amounts of the beautiful Jumbo Shrimp, so we make this great Shrimp Jambalaya several times each year.

Recipe for Hurry Up Skillet Jambalaya. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet that has a lid. Drop in chunks of chicken and brown, remove and set aside. Drop in the sausage and brown, remove and set aside. . .

I am searching for a recipe using the slow cooker. It is jambalaya using sausage, chicken or turkey, and shrimp. I had a recipe that I found in a magazine a few years ago, (I believe it was Woman's World) anyway, it was fabulous. Unfortunately I have lost it.

I have tried other recipes, but none have had that wonderful mixture of flavors. Any suggestions? All recipes would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Deb and her pets.

By debbie from Chicago, IL

Answers

I found this slow cooker recipe- www.fastrecipes.com/.../ . Good luck!

http:www.recipezaar.com has 6 slow Cooker Jambalaya Recipes, see if any of them are what u are looking for, just type in the search bar and they will come up.

From Foodnetwork
Ingredients
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 pound andouille sausage, diced
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
1 teaspoon hot sauce
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 pound frozen peeled and cooked shrimp, thawed
2 cups cooked rice
Directions
In a slow cooker, combine chicken, sausage, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, celery, and chicken broth. Stir in oregano, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce, bay leaves, and thyme.

Cover, and cook on LOW for 7 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours. Stir in the thawed shrimp, cover and cook until the shrimp is heated through, about 5 minutes. Discard bay leaves and spoon mixture over cooked rice.

Answer this Question
Food and Recipes Recipes RiceMay 25, 2012
🐛
👔
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Jambalaya-Recipes.html