John Lewis Sewing Machine Replacement Parts?

November 7, 2016

I have a John Lewis mini sewing machine (which I believe are made by Janome). I have lost the metal bobbin holder and am trying to obtain a replacement which as yet has been unsuccessful.


Any tips would be most welcome.


November 26, 20161 found this helpful
Best Answer

eBay - type in 'John Lewis mini sewing machine parts'. Or contact Janome UK (they make the JL machine, it's basically their Sew Mini) or Sewing Parts UK, both very helpful in my experience.

Reply Was this helpful? 1
Answer this Question

3 More Questions

Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

I've lost the foot pedal and lead to my sewing machine in a house move. It was bought from John Lewis. Where can I buy a replacement.


March 13, 20180 found this helpful

John Lewis has a website that sells sewing machine parts. You'll need to know your model number in order to find the part you want. Here is the website address to find what you need on:


Reply Was this helpful? Yes
March 13, 20180 found this helpful has the parts you need.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
March 19, 20180 found this helpful

I'm glad you found what you needed as some times it is not that easy.

Family and friends tell me they look on eBay for their parts before ordering from a company. Sometimes they find what they need but most of the time they are just checking for prices so they will know when a part is "too" much money (plus shipping).

You might want to keep this in mind if you need other items for you machine.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Answer this Question

February 10, 2013

As part of my therapy for wellness recovery, I've been advised to start sewing again. I was fortunate to have a John Lewis jl150 sewing machine given to me some years ago. The only problem I have, is that I cannot find my electric lead/electronic foot speed control. (this maybe due to the fact I have moved about 5 times in recent years.) Does anyone know where I can purchase a new one or buy a second hand one? I've got my fabric all ready, so in a pickle at the mo.


By debg


February 18, 20130 found this helpful

First, have you looked about online for DIY repair tips? If you are at all handy, fixing it isn't that hard. If you are uncomfortable with doing the work, have you tried a local sewing machine repairman? Not only will he/she be able to fix it for a fairly reasonable price (usually under £25) but he/she will know where to find parts and may even have something in his/her workshop to replace yours.

If that's no help, have you checked with John Lewis? They are rather good with customer care and might even sell the foot pedal. If they don't, they'll likely be able to suggest where to find the part.

Finally, another place to look for that and other parts is here:

This company is well known and trusted in the UK by home sewers and has a very good reputation for speedy, professional, reliable service.


Good luck, I hope you find the pedal soon! I do know what it's like to be in the middle of a project and have sewing machine troubles.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
July 19, 20160 found this helpful

Hello! I've had the same problem but found a telephone number in the back of my instruction booklet: 0161 666 6006. I've just ordered a new ac adaptor very easily and was only £15 inc. postage :) Hope this helps!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Answer this Question

February 27, 2015

Where can I get a power cable for the mini sewing machine by John Lewis?

By J H


March 6, 20150 found this helpful

You can try contacting John Lewis customer services (on the website at the bottom of the home page) but to be honest I think the part will cost you more than the machine would to replace.


No offence to JL but most of those mini-sewing machines aren't meant to last long, are priced very low, and don't usually have spare parts made or repairs possible.

It might depend on the model, too. Janome sells a very simple machine, the 140M, at HobbyCraft that is called a mini but is in truth a simple, basic 3/4 sized sewing machine - if you have the JL branded version then yes, it can be fixed and parts are available from JL customer services or the Janome UK website.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Answer this Question

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesFebruary 12, 2013
Back to School Ideas!
Coronavirus Tips
Pest Control
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2020-08-18 10:30:32 in 3 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.