Keep Paint Chip Card for Future Use

In each room I store a paint chip from the store for that room. Should I need to touch up the paint for that room or want to repaint it, I have all the information on that card. I also write on the card how much paint it took for my next paint job in that room, and if I used flat, semi-gloss, etc. It is also handy to grab if I want to match it to fabric, curtains, pillows, etc.

I have done this in each house I have lived in, and when I move I leave it behind for the next owner. In the houses I rent out, I have one for the renters should they need to touch up the paint, and a copy for my records in file for that particular house.

What a great idea! They are also fun for kids to make into book markers, Hearts/Shamrocks/Eggs for the up coming holidays and use a hole puncher for confetti!

Paint chips also work great with craft punches. They are free and the colors are so wide ranged you can punch so many different things for papercrafting. It great. Thats thrifty. You have a great idea too. Ty

Great idea to keep the paint chips, but I had an experience recently where the finishes have changed. Instead of semi gloss which is what I like to use, they have switched to a dayglo finish. Very confusing.

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJanuary 24, 2014
😷
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keep-Paint-Chip-Card-for-Future-Use.html