Keep Spice Mixes in Empty Prescription Bottles

I often make up batches of homemade seasoning mixes (Taco, Italian, etc.) from recipes I make up myself or find online. I find the cost of those cute little spice bottles too expensive, so I wash and thoroughly dry my old prescription bottles and use them to hold these mixes. I buy a set of decorative self-adhesive labels and use them to note what is in each bottle. They store easily and each one holds the spice mix neatly. The larger the amount of the finished mix, the larger the bottle I use. Most of the recipes I find online make up 1/4 C. or less of the mix. Since the bottles are "wide-mouth" it is pretty easy to get my measuring spoon into them.

Good idea!

I agree; great idea; thank you! I have 2 bags of empty prescription bottles; didn't want to toss them... Wondering why I didn't think of this?

Food and Recipes Food Tips Herbs and SpicesJanuary 22, 2015
🌻
🐰
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keep-Spice-Mixes-in-Empty-Prescription-Bottles.html