Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

We just moved into our rental, and there is a cat that seems to love our front yard. It smells horrible when we walk outside from the urine and poop. How can I get it to stop going on the grass?

By Yessy from Bossier City, LA

Answers:

Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

This does not sound like cats. Raccoons will leave piles around, as well as possums. If you have seen the cats, they might not be feral. They could be neighborhood pets. I once lived in a house where all the neighborhood cats crossed the yard at sometime in the night. Your house seems to be on the cat map. Some kind of deterrent would change the path. Neighborhood dogs might also be part of the problem. (12/04/2009)

By Ann Parker

Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

There is a product called "Critter Ridder" that Lowe's sells. Wal-Mart has something similar to it, but I don't recall the name. You sprinkle it around the yard, and it's supposed to keep small animals like cats and raccoons out. Good luck. (12/05/2009)

By kitkatk100

Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

Citrus peels and citrus sprays around the perimeters of the yard and refreshed regularly. Cats hate the smell of citrus. (12/05/2009)

By Deeli