Keeping Dogs From Mating

If there are health or breeding reasons for not having your dogs spayed or neutered then you will need to use other methods to keep them from mating. Several suggestions are offered on this page.

My female dog is about 7 and last year I took her to get spaded and she stopped breathing once they put her under. They were able to revive her, but did not want to continue. What could have gone wrong and so will she not able to be spaded? I have a male, son, dog in the home that goes crazy when she is in heat. I do not want mom and son to mate. I want to mate him with another dog; he's only 3. So what can I do?

Answers

Your only choice right now is to get the special diapers for the female that she can wear during her heat to keep the male from mounting on top of her. I had to do this with my female because where I live I could not get her fixed until she went through her first heat and after the heat I had to wait 2 months before they would operate on her. I did not want her to mate and wanted her fixed right away.

I can not find the special diapers they sell in a lot of pet stores around the world so I had to take baby diapers and cut a hole in them for her tail. This worked but it is also a mess in the end because you need to change them often and each time you need to wash, clean and dry the dog before you put them back on. But this is one way to keep them apart so he does not mount on top of her.

When she goes into heat seperate them.If you have a friend she can stay with.Talk to your vet about birth control for your dog.Try wearing underwear on her.

i cant help but wonder why you want your male to mate. i know that many people believe their dog has a great personality etc and to duplicate that.

but all the puppies and dog that dont have homes are over running us. many of them also have great personalities. i encourage you to reconsider and go ahead and get him neutered.

You can put on doggie outfit bottoms or diapers to help protect her. If you are crafty, you can make little pants in different colors or diapers, to cut that cost of buying diapers. Also washable and staying green for the earth and your pockets!

Pets Dogs AdviceMay 20, 2020
😎
👔
😷
🐛
🎆
🌻

Generated 2020-05-24 11:23:21 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️