Keeping Horse Flies Off

How do you get horse flies off of you if they land on you?

By mail4char

Best Answer

There is not much that will work. A good quality insect repellant with 30% Deet might work. You could also try the Thermocell insect repellent device. It works very well for mosquitoes and little flies, so it may work for horseflies.

Knock them off with your hand? Or did you mean how do you keep them from landing?

we had Burros in the Desert and the Horse Flies would nearly carry them off there were sooo many on the poor things,I felt so sorry for them.I was bound and determined to stop the crazy things so my Husband had ordered some oil from Avon ,I can't remember the name of but it kept the Mosquitoes off of him so I tried it on the animals- it worked.just got the name of it and it's called Skin so Soft.Rub it all over the Horse with a rag or sponge make sure you don't get it in their eyes tho.hope it works.also try Dryer sheets