Keeping Track of Scissors

To keep track of your scissors, you can add a cord or clip to the handle or even wear them around your neck on a lanyard when sewing. Some even store them in the refrigerator.

Scissors have one of the most important roles in crafting and are also used in the kitchen and the garden. Garden scissors should, of course, be stored separately. I have a special storage place for my craft and kitchen scissors to keep them sharp for a long period of time. I have learned this technique at the office when I saw how the employees of my department keep their scissors.

Simply place the scissors inside the refrigerator. Keep them there when you are not using. There's not much explanation about how a fridge can actually sharpen this tool but we practice it here and I have personally observed for my seven years of service. It's been there before I was actually hired and my colleagues had told me that the idea was given by their former supervisor, who happened to be an arts and craft lover.

I also use this method at home and I have not used any other tool to sharpen my scissors for years. Place it in the fridge door or any closed compartment where it is safe to keep out of the reach of children.

Editor's Note: This is a tip that we have never heard before. If anyone has feedback about why or why not this tip might be effective, please post it below.

I keep a little braided piece of yarn on my scissors. It helps me find the scissors more easily. When I am sewing quilts or blankets, I attach a brightly colored clip to the braided string. My scissors never get lost now when I am sewing a big project!