Keurig My K-cups Reviews

Category Coffee Makers
Single cup coffee makers can be expensive because the coffee pods and cups, but some allow you to fix your own. This guide contains Keurig my K-cups reviews.

Product Review: Keurig Coffee Maker - My K-cup

Cost: $14.95

I always held off from purchasing one of those single cup coffee makers because the coffee pods and cups are so expensive. I recently came across Keurig's line which start at $100 (2 Starbucks drinks a week at $4 each for 3 months) and have an optional attachment called My-K-cup.

Instead of buying their coffee, I just grind my own in the beginning of the week, fill the special basket and get the exact same results without the cost. You can find these baskets on their site and some other mega sites, all for around the same price.

http://www.keurig.com/index.asp

By Jannifer from NH

Wal-Mart was selling a refillable mini holder filter pod to go with a name brand of pod using coffee maker. Sorry, I don't recall the brand because I just noticed it in passing. Might be worth someone's while to check it out.
Presto refillable maybe?

We purchased a Keurig K-cup machine for $99.99 at Target. We drink coffee every morning and thought it would be a good idea. We tried every kind of coffee that came with it and still couldn't get a decent cup. It was all very weak and tea like. We like a more robust cup in the morning. We couldn't get a good cup of coffee out of this machine. We took it back to Target and got our money back..Drove to Wal-mart and spent $34.00 on a GE programmable pot. We love this one. Good luck on your pot purchase!

NO CHILD SAFETY MECHANISM: If you have a young child in the house, PLEASE DO NOT put a Keurig machine in your home. I own three different Keurig machines. I enjoy them so much that I gave my daughter and son-in-law a Keurig B60 for Christmas 2008.
About a month after Christmas their two and a half year old had watched them enough times that when no one was in the kitchen he took a chair climbed up, lifted the Keurig handle up and down then started pressing buttons. Well it was only a matter of seconds before scalding hot water was pouring out and splattering on our toddler. I knew I had read somewhere there was a cup sensor that wouldn't allow water to come out if a cup was not present. After calling Keurig and telling them what had happened they informed me that the "Individual Model" was the only one with that feature. THINK ABOUT THAT -it is the only one that doesn't have a water reservoir so this incident can't happen on that model but it has the safety feature. I told Keurig this is a huge liability and I have seriously doubt this would be an isolated case. PLEASE if you have young children don't put this machine in your home, the consequences are not worth it.

How does it compare to the flavia fusion?
http://www.flav  avia-fusion.html
I saw a fusion at a thrift store for $10. Although it's not a lot, I didn't want to waste the money if the coffee tastes really bad. The keurig sounds promising if you can easily make your own pods.