Kombucha Soda Muffins

I got a box of Kombucha once, and though I like kombucha, I could not drink it fast enough. So I found this recipe which I believe is kind of based on Irish Soda bread, but used the Kombucha. It is remarkable and vegan. The original recipe calls for honey or agave, but I use molasses as it is my go-to sweetener due to its earthy taste and high minerals content (potassium, iron, and magnesium). Also you can use butter or oil.

Yield: 12

Link: https://www.wellandgood.com/good-food/kombucha-muffins-healthy-recipe/slide/2/

1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Oil the wells of a muffin tin and have nearby.
  2. Stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
  3. Pour the oil and molasses over the dry ingredients.
  4. Advertisement

5. Pour in the kombucha.
  6. Whisk the mixture until just combined - it's very important to not overmix or your muffins will be tough (I speak from personal experience).
  7. Divide the mixture among the muffin wells immediately, and bake in the oven for five minutes. This step is important so that they will rise. Then reduce the oven temperature to 375°F and finish cooking for another eight to ten minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
  8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Et voilà!
  9. Advertisement

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Breads MuffinsMay 14, 2020
😷
👔
🌻
🐛

Generated 2020-05-15 23:09:29 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

MuffinsBreads