Kung Pao Chickpeas Recipe
Try this spicy, flavorful vegetarian kung pao dish. This page contains a kung pao chickpeas recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This delicious vegetarian alternative to Kung Pao Chicken is full of flavor and spicy yumminess!
Source: Based on a recipe from www.sheknows.com
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 large lime, zested and juiced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Kung Pao Chickpeas:
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups kung pao sauce
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (1 in.) ginger knob, grated
- 1/2 - 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- green onions, chopped
- thinly sliced jalapeño
- steamed white rice
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, lime zest and juice, honey, melted coconut oil, and cornstarch. Stir well.
- Add rinsed and drained chickpeas to the marinade. Stir to coat and cover with plastic wrap. Let marinate for 1 hour.
- Mince garlic cloves, grate ginger, and melt coconut oil over MED heat in a large frying pan.
- Add chickpeas (with marinade), garlic, ginger, and kung pao sauce to the frying pan. Stir well.
- Saute chickpeas for 6-8 minutes until sauce thickens and chickpeas carmelize.
- Prepare jalapeño and green onions. Serve the chickpeas over rice and top with jalapeño, green onions, and cashews. Enjoy!
August 27, 20150 found this helpful
These kung pao chickpeas are a great vegetarian alternative to the classic chicken dish. Check out this video for the step by step recipe.