Kung Pao Chickpeas Recipe
This delicious vegetarian alternative to Kung Pao Chicken is full of flavor and spicy yumminess!
Source: Based on a recipe from www.sheknows.com
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 large lime, zested and juiced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Kung Pao Chickpeas:
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups kung pao sauce
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (1 in.) ginger knob, grated
- 1/2 - 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- green onions, chopped
- thinly sliced jalapeño
- steamed white rice
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, lime zest and juice, honey, melted coconut oil, and cornstarch. Stir well.
- Add rinsed and drained chickpeas to the marinade. Stir to coat and cover with plastic wrap. Let marinate for 1 hour.
- Mince garlic cloves, grate ginger, and melt coconut oil over MED heat in a large frying pan.
- Add chickpeas (with marinade), garlic, ginger, and kung pao sauce to the frying pan. Stir well.
- Saute chickpeas for 6-8 minutes until sauce thickens and chickpeas carmelize.
- Prepare jalapeño and green onions. Serve the chickpeas over rice and top with jalapeño, green onions, and cashews. Enjoy!
These kung pao chickpeas are a great vegetarian alternative to the classic chicken dish. Check out this video for the step by step recipe.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.