Crunchy Chickpea Snacks
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
March 15, 2016
This snack is high in fiber and protein. You can flavor with any spices you want, so you can make it savory or sweet.
Total Time: 30 to 40 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
Source: Shape magazine
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 Tbsp oil
- spices (I used pizza seasoning and truffle salt. Next time I will use cinnamon and orange zest)
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of oil.
- Sprinkle with desired spices.
- Roast at 450°F for 30 to 40 minutes. Watch carefully that they don't burn!
- Cool completely and store in airtight container.
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
March 17, 20161 found this helpful
I love these. I use Indian spices on mine usually--- pizza flavour sounds fun!
March 23, 20160 found this helpful
I like to buy the dried version and re-hydrate them myself (less salt than the canned version). By the way? No oil required. E-mail if you want my recipe. firstname.lastname@example.org
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 167 Feedbacks
March 24, 20164 found this helpful
Drizzling oil is uneven and inefficient. A better method is to put the chickpeas in a plastic bag along some oil and spices. Then seal the bag and shake to coat the chickpeas.
Read More Comments
March 24, 20161 found this helpful
I buy them dry (no salt), soak them, season (no fats), then put them in the dehydrator. Nothing extra you don't want in them, just the spices you do want.
P.S. No burning either.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.