Chickpea Curry in a Hurry Recipe
You don't need a lot of time to cook up a pan of deliciously seasoned chickpea curry for tonight's dinner. This page contains a chickpea curry in a hurry recipe.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
December 1, 2013
An easy vegetarian weeknight meal!
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (I used dried, but you could sub in canned)
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 14 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Saute the garlic and onion with the olive oil in a sauce pan for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the cooked chickpeas, tomatoes, and raisins.
- Add in a splash of water (I used 1/4 cup), simmer.
- Add in spices, cover and cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Serve over a bed of rice (I used 1 cup uncooked for 4 servings).
December 26, 20160 found this helpful
The only modification made is pan fry the spices to intensify the pungency of the spices.