Chickpea Curry Recipes
December 1, 2013
Read More Comments
An easy vegetarian weeknight meal!
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (I used dried, but you could sub in canned)
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 14 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Saute the garlic and onion with the olive oil in a sauce pan for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the cooked chickpeas, tomatoes, and raisins.
- Add in a splash of water (I used 1/4 cup), simmer.
- Add in spices, cover and cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Serve over a bed of rice (I used 1 cup uncooked for 4 servings).
3 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts
September 15, 2010
Excellent to scoop up with pita bread or serve over rice and even more tasty reheated the next day.Read More...
September 11, 2013
This easy vegetarian dish is a staple in Indian cooking.Read More...
This is a page about chickpea masala. This Indian cuisine inspired dish may soon become a personal and family favorite.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.