This Indian cuisine inspired dish may soon become a personal and family favorite. This is a guide about chickpea masala
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love Indian food! I recently had chickpea masala at a restaurant and decided to try to make it myself. It turned out great!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Dice onions. Heat oil in a large skillet, then cook mustard seeds and onion until onion is translucent. WARNING: I was surprised to find that mustard seeds leap out of the pan while they cook, so have a lid of screen handy! :)
- Add cumin and diced tomatoes. Cook until mixture starts to become stewy in consistency.
- Next add sugar, turmeric, garam masala, curry, and coriander. Combine well.
- Add coconut milk, stirring well. Simmer mixture until it start to thicken.
- Add chickpeas, cover, and simmer until heated through. Remove from heat and let stand uncovered for 5 minutes to thicken a little more.
- Serve over rice. Enjoy!
January 21, 20130 found this helpful
This video shows you how to make chickpea masala. This vegetarian recipe is quick and easy to make and great on rice. View the full recipe here: Chickpea Masala