Instant Pot Butter Chicken
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
August 25, 2019
A delicious, creamy and flavorful Indian inspired Butter Chicken made in an Instant Pot. I typically serve this over rice and pair with naan bread. Feel free to adjust the spices to your liking.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes + 25 minutes natural release
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6-7 people
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 cups beef broth
- 5.5 lb chicken drumsticks
- 7 oz tomato paste
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Chop onions, garlic and ginger.
- Combine seasonings - curry powder, garam masala, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Set your Instant Pot to Sauté Mode. Add olive oil.
- Sauté garlic and onions for a few minutes.
- Add tomato paste along with your seasonings. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Pour broth in and add chicken. Note: Broth needs to cover chicken. Cover instant pot and cook for 10 minutes on high.
- Allow to cook and naturally release. This is how your cooked chicken should look like:
- Add coconut milk - this is for the creamy taste and mix.
- Add greek yogurt and mix. Then its ready to eat!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.