Instant Pot Butter Chicken
An Indian inspired buttery chicken meal that can be made in less time in an instant pot. Serve this garam masala and curry spiced entree with rice or naam bread.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A delicious, creamy and flavorful Indian inspired Butter Chicken made in an Instant Pot. I typically serve this over rice and pair with naan bread. Feel free to adjust the spices to your liking.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes + 25 minutes natural release
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6-7 people
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 cups beef broth
- 5.5 lb chicken drumsticks
- 7 oz tomato paste
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Chop onions, garlic and ginger.
- Combine seasonings - curry powder, garam masala, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Set your Instant Pot to Sauté Mode. Add olive oil.
- Sauté garlic and onions for a few minutes.
- Add tomato paste along with your seasonings. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Pour broth in and add chicken. Note: Broth needs to cover chicken. Cover instant pot and cook for 10 minutes on high.
- Allow to cook and naturally release. This is how your cooked chicken should look like:
- Add coconut milk - this is for the creamy taste and mix.
- Add greek yogurt and mix. Then its ready to eat!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.