Lawn Mower Starter Rope Stuck

My Craftsman 6.0 mower pull cord is stuck. I've checked gas, oil, spark plug, and blade. Everything is good on those, but the blade won't turn by hand. What options do I have, or should I take it to a shop?

By vince from Richmond, VA

Best Answer

You might try spraying a little WD-40 on whatever part(s) you think are stuck. If that fails, then you'll probably have to take it to the shop.

Best Answer

The rope sometimes gets stuck on the coil winding mechanism underneath. In this case, you need to take it apart, get a new rope and put the whole thing back together. I asked my DH and this is what he said. Good luck.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Thanks everyone for this thread. I just fixed my Toro mower after reading it. The pull was stuck, metal clank. While my attention had been focused on the motor and pull cord, the mower had actually picked up an old piece of rope which was tightly wound above the blade preventing it from turning..

Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersJune 17, 2010
💘
🍀