Lemon Basil Crusted Swordfish
This dish is very easy and so very delicious. The herbs and spices just bring out the fresh wild taste. I know you will love this fast meal. Great for summertime cooking!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30-40 mins
Total Time: Under 1 hour
Yield: 1/3 lb. per person
Source: My own
- 2 fresh pieces of swordfish (about 1/3 lb each)
- 1/2 stick of butter, (4 Tbsp) melted
- 1/2 fresh lemon, cut in quarters, grated the rind, juice of the wedges
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, rolled and cut with kitchen shears
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Rinse the fish in cold water. Place on paper towel.
- Melt butter in a small bowl.
- Add to the butter grated lemon rind, lemon juice, black pepper, dill, fresh cut basil, and garlic powder.
- Spray oil on a glass pie dish.
- Using another small glass bowl, add a cup of Italian flavored bread crumbs.
- Now, take one piece at a time, dip it in the bread crumbs until it is completely covered. Then, after stirring the butter mixture very well, dip it in the butter mixture, and repeat the bread crumbs again.
- Lay the swordfish in the center of the oven dish. Repeat this with the 2nd piece. When done, I took leftover butter mixture and spooned it over the top.
- Bake at 375 F for about 30-40 minutes, check for doneness by slicing in half one thick piece. Making sure the fish is white and flaky.
- I served this with rice pilaf. It can be served with fresh steamed broccoli or asparargus.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.