I just love swordfish, but will only cook it if I go out to the market that day and buy it. I make a quick, easy marinade and refrigerate it for at least an hour before cooking. I marinate the remaining swordfish at the same time in a plastic bag and freeze. I marinate all my meat before I freeze them in freezer bags!
- 1 lb fresh boneless, skinless swordfish (About 1 pound for 2 meals)
- 2 qt freezer bags
- Seasoning per bag
- splash Greek salad dressing
- 2 squirts lemon juice
- dash black pepper
- 2 dashes lemon pepper
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- sprinkle of basil
- rice pilaf
- Cut swordfish in half.
- Put each piece in a plastic bag. Add seasonings to each bag.
- Seal the bag and mix the bag well with your hands.
- I kept one in the refrigerator to have that night and let it marinade for an hour.
- The 2nd bag I freeze.
- To cook you can broil or pan brown it. I used pan browning. Just put it in a non-stick pan with some of the marinade on high to brown both sides. Then lower the heat and cover to simmer. Making sure the center is cooked by making a slit in the thicker part.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon over rice pilaf.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!