Lemon Lime Soda Babycakes

These tiny cakes are incredible. I have to start with that because I've never had such a perfect, zesty cake in my life. I tweaked a poundcake recipe to use some lemon lime soda I had in the house. Now these are my family's favourite little cakes. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked to make them. They are so easy to make, and taste better than cupcakes from a pricey bakery. Please try these!

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes

Yield: 16 babycakes

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Beat the sugar and butter together in a bowl until fluffy.
  2. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
  3. Mix in the lemon zest.
  4. Stir in the flour one cup at a time, making sure it's completely smooth. The batter will be very thick.
  5. Advertisement

6. Pour in the lemon lime soda little by little while stirring. The batter will be very sticky. Add enough so it still holds together nicely but is not runny. The rest wil go into the glaze.
  7. Pour batter to greased cupcake tin. Pop in the preheated oven for around 20 minutes, until edges come away from tin and a bit golden.
  8. Allow to cool while you make the cake glaze.
  9. Whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and lemon lime soda in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle on tops of cooled cakes.
  10. Advertisement

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes CupcakesFebruary 1, 2020
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-02-03 11:12:59 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

CupcakesCakes