Lemon Tahini Broccoli Salad

This crisp and super fresh veggie-packed salad is perfect for the summer. I like to make a big batch and keep it in the fridge. It keeps well for a few days, with the flavours intensifying each day. Enjoy it as a side salad or as your main course on warm days.

My recipe uses little pasta to keep the simple-carb count a bit lower. I added chickpeas to replace them because I find they have a similar texture. You could add more pasta if you like.

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 6 servings

1. Begin by cooking your pasta to package directions. To make the lemon tahini sauce, whisk the tahini, water, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt in a bowl. Grate in the garlic cloves and mix. Set aside so flavours develop.
  2. To blanch the broccoli, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in broccoli florets and allow to cook for a few minutes. Drain and dump into a bowl of ice water for 20 seconds, then drain again.
  3. Cut zucchinis in half vertically, then thinly slice. Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
  4. Place all the veggies and cooked pasta into a big bowl. Add chickpeas.
  5. Stir in lemon tahini sauce.
  6. Tear in basil leaves, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, and mix well.

What a yummy summer salad you've made here. All of the beautiful colors make me want to eat it up :)

Great pictures too Attosa, it's so alive with color, I can just about taste all those wonderful flavors and textures, I love it! :)

Yes, the textures! My favourite comes from the thinly sliced zucchini. Still has its crisp because it's in its raw form, but softens by sitting in the tahini lemon-YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Food and Recipes Recipes Salads VegetableAugust 6, 2019
📓
🌻
😎
🐛