Lightening Hair After Dyeing

Recently I wanted to dye my hair darker so I used a store bought box and the color turned out way too dark. Because of this I wanted to start over and go back to my normal color so I used a Color Oops and then used a box that was the color my normal hair was. It turned out being way too dark again.

I want to go to a salon to get my hair lightened a little bit, but I don't want to really damage my hair. I was told that my hair would lighten considerably since I'd darkened my hair from a much lighter color. I'm very impatient and want to go to a salon within the next week, but if there is another way to lighten my hair that would be great.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

You're going to end up frying your hair, spoken from experience. Your hair will lighten considerably with each shampoo. I would hold off going to the salon because not only is it very very expensive, but you're risking the health of your hair. I would first try washing your hair every day, I promise it will lighten. I've been dying my hair for about 22 years now and have faced every horrible scenario you can imagine.

wash, wash, and then wash your hair again... "Fairy liquid and Head & Shoulders shampoo are your best friends when it comes to striping colour out fast." Yes your hair is going to feel hella dry, so after you've washed it grab a rich, nourishing hair mask and leave it on your locks overnight.

If you used color oops that doesn't harm your hair in any way so you could use it again and try coloring it again with a lighter shade, but your taking a chance on it being the shade you want again. A professional will know what colour to use to get what you want and will not let you go away unhappy. You might have to pay a little more but it's not like color oops and hair dye that you do yourself is exactly cheap when you have to but multiple boxes.