Lining an Oven Rack with a Silicone Baking Sheet

I just bought a silicone baking sheet and I was thinking about just putting it under my metal cupcake pans to line my over rack. Can I do that without putting a cookie sheet under it, or will it ruin it?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Silicone is safe up to 450 degrees F. However, it will be easier to take all the cupcakes out of the oven at once if you put the liner on a baking pan. I would just use the pan and not have to worry about washing the liner too.

Are you trying to protect from drips? You could put a piece of foil down, too.

I use my silicone items on top of a cookie sheet. the cookie sheet stays clean, but it is a lot easier to take out of the oven.

Silicone baking products are specifically made for use in the oven and can be used under anything that is safe for oven use but why would you want to do this? i do not believe it would make your cupcakes cook "better".

Most web sites recommend the following:
Place a metal cookie sheet below your silicone baking mold to hold it properly.
I do not know what your reason would be for doing this unless maybe it is for cleanup. Of course you can do this because the silicone baking sheet is made to use in the oven but it is kinda "flimsy" so try laying just the sheet on the rack and removing it - is it easy to remove? Will it do what you are wanting it to do?
Usually there is no overflow or mess with cupcakes unless you have a tendency to overfill.