Using Silicone Bakeware?

I just bought a blue, flexible, fluted bowl with a funnel in the middle, as used for angel food cake. I bought it at a thrift store and thought it was a Jello mold, but someone told me it is for baking cakes. Can anyone advise me how to use this? I am afraid of it melting in the oven. I believe it is made of silicone. I look forward to your replies. Thank you.

By Mary Earl

Visit this site--it gives some very good tips. housewares.about.com/.../siliconebasics.htm

I have several silicone bakeware pieces. I discovered (the hard way) not to use the non-stick spray. It really won't melt in the oven.

I have one of these blue silicone bundt cake pans, too. I really like it. Do NOT use no stick spray. The cake comes out very nicely after it is baked. Be sure to put it on a cookie sheet or pizza pan when you put it in the oven. It is too flexible to just be on the oven rack.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingNovember 18, 2011
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Silicone-Bakeware-2.html