Using Silicone Bakeware

When using silicone muffin liners, do I need to "condition" with oil before first use, and is it necessary to use a muffin pan, or will cookie sheet work?

Nothing sticks to them. I put mine on a cookie sheet all the time

It is best to use a little butter not oil on these. I used mine on a cookie sheet. I thought they would be the bee's knees for baking, but ended up selling all of my silicone bakeware at my last yard sale. I found metal and glass just worked better for me. I hope you have better luck with them than I did.

No you dont have to.

I do not grease my muffin pans and have had no problems.
Always place on a sturdy cookie sheet and remove from cookie sheet when done; move to a wire rack when done (to cool).

Since it appears silicone bake ware is new to you here are a couple of links to help you get started.

www.thespruceeats.com/silicone-bakeware-tips-1907152

www.belgoods.com/.../

I have a few silicone molds that I have used for cakes. When making cakes, it is necessary to prepare them like you do a normal cake pan with flour and butter. They are so easy to use and I just sit mine on a cookie sheet to bake them in the oven. If you are makign muffins I would still use the muffin paper in each one of them and sit it on a cookie sheet to bake it. Just keep an eye on them they do seem to bake a bit faster than tin cooking pans. Or at least that is my experience when using the ones I have.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingSeptember 30, 2019
🎄
🍂