Look Like a Million for $2.50

Whenever I shop, be it retail or thrift, I always have my eyes open for a great deal on formal wear. If you wait until you get an invitation, you have limited time to shop and will likely spend top-dollar.

This past summer the local church thrift shop had a half-price sale. Dresses are usually $5, so the lovely brown dress I bought was only $2.50. It even had the dry-cleaner's bag on it. I had no place to wear it, but it fit so well and the price was so low that I bought it anyway. I already had a gold bag purchased for next to nothing, but needed gold shoes. A few weeks later, a thrift store chain opened up a branch near me. If you downloaded their app, you got a $10 credit. I went on a half-price day, and found a brand new pair of gold shoes for $19.99. Since it was half-price day, they were marked down to $10, and I used my credit.

My husband's company merged with a new firm. For the first time since he has ever worked, there is going to be a fancy Christmas party at an exclusive country club. I will happily wear my $2.50 outfit, and no one will be the wiser!

Top Comment

The party was so much fun! Here are some pictures of the entire outfit.

What a great story! I'm so happy for you.

It pays to think ahead, doesn't it! I hope you have a wonderful time at the party.

So smart and the outfit looks dynamite! I hope you post a picture of the whole ensemble when you go to the fancy party.

Now that is something to be proud of. Awesome outfit, too! Enjoy! :)

Stunned and Amazed! That's how I feel after reading this! What an extraordinarily great piece of advice backed up by visuals. Hope you have an awesome time!

Now THAT'S the way to beat the high price of looking fantastic!!
Have a great time at the shindig!!

What a great looking outfit for next to nothing in cost ... post the whole outfit [if you can] I would love to see it also. Either way GOOD FOR YOU, YOU DID A GREAT JOB!

Anonymous

Yea! A woman after my own heart! Good job!

Anonymous

Isn't it a fantastic feeling to make such a score?? And you look so beautiful in the outfit!

That's wonderful! Very cute and sophisticated. :)