Looking for Simplicity Pattern #1442

I am looking for Simplicity 1442 pattern. It's a rag quilt, fire truck. It also has a hedgehog and peacock. It can be used or downloadable. I have found them on eBay, but have a hard time paying $60-75 for a pattern.

This one is only $6.95. www.etsy.com/.../simplicity-1442-boys-bomber-jacket...

I don't think that is the right pattern. I found this one but it is not for sale:

sewing.patternreview.com/.../64842

I see other ones for the high price tag mentioned. The cheapest one I found was $39 on eBay. It's obviously a popular pattern.

www.ebay.com/.../254130573774?epid=1925124136&hash...

Looking at Judy's link it seems Simplicity may have used the same number in their children's patterns.

This sort of thing is what happens when a company discontinues a popular item and people realize the public will pay exorbitant prices just because they have no other choice; that is if they want this item.

You may be lucky and find someone that will share their pattern but it will be difficult as this particular pattern has over 60 small pieces.

I did find a new pattern on Amazon for $45....

You might try calling any quilt shops in your area (or anywhere) to see if someone has one they will share with you.
You might also put a free ad on Craigslist or other sites asking for this pattern.

If it is a firetruck pattern then why not look for just a firetruck pattern as they may even have some of those at your local pattern store.
They have several on Etsy:

www.etsy.com/search?q=fire%20truck%20quilt%20pattern...

Yikes! That is expensive! I wouldn't pay that much either.

Are you making something for personal use and if so, do you have access to a printer?

I say this because there is plenty of free clip art out there that you can use and print and cut up to make your own quilting patterns.

If you ARE NOT doing this for resale, but are doing it for personal use, there should not be any legal ramification, but please know I AM NOT A LAWYER nor do I play one on TV so this is NOT legal advice.

I have personally done things like this for things I use at home...and no copyright police have arrested me....but they were just items for personal use.

The most ideal way to do this would be if you had an old fashioned screen and projector where you could enlarge items on the screen and then trace them onto big pieces of sticky paper to cut your patterns. What were those things called...overhead projectors??? My nephew said some cell phones can project to walls with an app you buy, but that is way beyond my technical skills :)

Best wishes for you to either find a less expensive version or do it yourself like I have!

Hi,

I found this pattern on Etsy, for $62.95.
Simplicity 1442 Kid's Rag Quilts Sewing Pattern / Uncut/FF

Blessings,

Robyn