PatternsCrochet

Looking for a Crochet Dress Pattern

This is a bit off-topic, but maybe someone can help. In 1971 my mother-in-law taught me to crochet. I then went home and purchased a pattern for an "easy" crocheted dress called "Summer Shells." Two weeks later we went back up north to visit her and I was able to bring the finished dress to show her. She was enchanted and thrilled that I had been able to make such immediate and beautiful use of her teaching.

When I became pregnant, I sold the dress in a newly-opened handmade items shop. Unfortunately my M-I-L passed just 12 days before our first child was born in 1972, but I think of her so often and that dress and how happy she was about it. I have since lost the pattern and have been looking for many years to find it. The dress, done in V-stitch if I remember correctly, had a cream colored body with a chevron stripe design at the hem and sleeves made in green and rust. (It also may have been sleeveless, not sure anymore)

The pattern was from one of those 2-page folder set of directions one could buy at that time with one or two projects on it, not a book of patterns and I cannot remember the maker, but is was one of that era so popular in the needlework sections of the local stores.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me on this. I have searched all over the net to no avail. I would like to make this dress again for her great-granddaughter, who is becoming a young woman in her own right. I think she would have liked that.

I googled Summer Shells crochet dress pattern 1971 and got what you see below. If you find the dress, simply click on it then on "visit page".

I hope this helps. I too have been looking for a simple shirt pattern for years. It's very frustrating so this might bring you luck.

www.google.com/search?q=summer+shells+crochet+dress...

Poor But Proud.

Crafts Crochet PatternsSeptember 28, 2015
🌻
📓
🎂