Low CarbDieting

Low-Carb Crispy Garlic Shrimp

I have so many friends on ketogenic diets. I'm always experimenting with ingredients to come up with low-carb meals for them. This keto-friendly recipe is so good, you don't have to be on a low-carb regime to appreciate it. Crushed pork rinds and garlic powder are used as the breading for these shrimp, and they are baked in the oven, not fried. You could try things like almond flour in lieu of the crushed pork rinds, but I adore the depth in flavour they brought to the table.

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

1. In a food processor, pulse pork rinds until they are crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and mix in garlic powder.
  2. Whisk egg in a bowl and dunk in shrimp, allowing excess egg to drip off.
  3. Roll shrimp in crumbs until fully coated.
  4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil. Place breaded shrimp on top so they're not touching each other.
  5. Spray the tops of the shrimp with a spritz of oil, then bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Switch to broil setting and cook for another minute or two until golden. Sprinkle with salt or serve with a sauce of your choice.

Those look so good I can taste and hear the crunch of each bite! :)

I think that's very creative to use pork rinds crushed to bread the shrimp, what a great way to cook them.
Thank you for this recipe too!

And your picture of the shrimp is mouth watering :)

You're welcome! They do this really interesting melting thing before they crisp and then they turn into these amazing "chip" bits on the sides of the shrimp. Weird to explain but you must try. I know you love your salty crispies, Suz-- hope you try em!

Or just use ground garlic flavored pork rind...?

unofoodsinc.com/.../

Could do! But plain old pork rinds seem to be easier to find in store, and only $0.79 where I get them :D

Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting Low CarbAugust 8, 2019
📓
😎
🌻
🐛