MTD Briggs & Stratton Mower Engine Flooding

My Bolens MTD 13.5 Briggs and Stratton engine starts, but floods out after about 2 minutes. I take it off choke after starting, but it floods out. I replaced the fuel filter, hoses, battery, and spark plug, and it has fresh fuel as well. It ran OK a week prior so I'm not sure what happened. It is a 2 year old machine BTW. Do I need to clean the carb, or replace? Thanks.

By G Hunter

I would clean the carburetor on the mower. You are getting too much gas to the engine and the carburetor isn't allowing the gas to flow through. There has to be a blockage in there. You could have some dirt or sludge in there that is causing this problem.