MTD Riding Mower Repair

I have a Yard Machine riding lawnmower (Model # 13A176F729). I just purchased it used. I believe I'm having an intermittent problem with the PTO belt. I get the "vacuum noise" when the mower is cutting. About 30 seconds later, that noise disappears, and the mower stops cutting. The mower still moves, but it won't cut. Then, I get the noise and it cuts. A few seconds later, the noise goes away, and the mower won't cut.

Do I need to replace a belt or two?

MTD has a help page here. www.mtdparts.com/.../

When you buy something used, you usually buy it as-is. In the future I would advise you to test anything before you buy it. If there is anything wrong with it, you can ask for a price adjustment. I personally would not buy anything not working well unless I was confident it would not cost much to fix.