Magic Eraser to Clean Iron

If you have built up gunk on your iron and absolute foolproof method to clean it is a Magic Eraser. I have tried lots of things through the years but this works amazingly well.

Source: A blog on the internet

By Elaine S. from Near Cedar Rapids, IA

Top Comment

This tip is absolutely true! I decided to use a an iron on patch to repair a rip in my grandson's backpack. The backpack looked like a canvas material, but almost as soon as the iron touched the fabric, it melted - argh. The beautiful face of the iron was smeared with black plastic, which when it was cooled, seemed impossible to remove. As a last resort, I heated up the iron until the plastic was warm and melting again, then took a magic eraser to the surface. Like magic, with a few strokes the plastic came off onto the eraser and looked like nothing more than the tarnish removed from silverware. What a great solution! Will plan to keep a few of these things on hand.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That was the only thing that worked. I had to use the Magic Eraser in conjunction with Scrub Buds (AMWAY) and finally got all but a few pin pricks of the gunk off!

In vain I had tried baking soda and water, nail polish remover, WD40, eucalyptus oil and pre-was for oil stains. Thanks again, I would never have thought of the Magic Eraser on my own!

The magic eraser worked great! Thank you for this fantastic suggestion, I never would have thought of it! Saved me so much time. I appreciate it! :D