Make Ahead Raised Waffles
These are light, fluffy and tender. Because the batter is made the evening before, it saves time in the morning. They freeze well.
Prep Time: Overnight
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 5 8-inch waffles
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup warm milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Dissolve yeast in water, adding salt and sugar.
- Beat in remaining ingredients.
- Let sit in a covered container overnight in the refrigerator.
- In the morning, let the batter come to room temperature.
- Prepare in a waffle maker.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.