Make Cake Pops From Leftover Cake

I got this great idea after my kid's birthday party when I noticed all the half-eaten cake left on all the kids' plates. I thought to myself, "What a waste!" So I came up with this tip, you can make cake pops from those leftovers! I know what you are thinking right now, I am a genius, right? Why have I never thought of this before? This way you can make some little cake pops and your kids will be so excited.

1. All you need to do is collect all the bits and pieces left on everyone's plates and remove any frosting and mash it together.
  2. Start by adding a tablespoon of frosting and mix it in. If you really want to be thrifty you can use that frosting you scraped off the cake in the previous step. Only add a little at a time until it starts holding together. If you can form it into a ball, you are golden and ready to move on to the next step.
  3. Use a cookie dough scoop to form equal sized balls, gently roll them in your hands and set on a plate.
  4. Use cake pop sticks or if you really want to be frugal you can use those floss picks! Instead of throwing them away after one use, save them up and give them a little rinse and use those as the cake pop sticks! Add a bit of frosting on the end and then stick them in the center of each ball and place them in the freezer for a couple hours.
  5. After the cake pops have firmed up, Melt the candy melts and dip each ball and decorate with sprinkles.
  6. Yum! ;) And if you have gotten this far, this was an April Fools joke. You could totally do this with a leftover cake that has not been handled though!

Leftover cake?

It was an April Fools joke. :P

Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceApril 1, 2021
🌻
👒
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Make-Cake-Pops-From-Leftover-Cake.html