Make Your Own Gutter Guard Sweeper

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 418 Posts

Make Your Own Gutter Guard Sweeper - homemade gutter guard cleaning brush assemblyI have been looking for a curved brush attachment to go on my 12 ft. extension pole to use to sweep the leaves off our gutter guards. I can't find one so I made one myself.

I found a short Bong brush at Lowe's Home Improvement store. I already had an acid brush attachment for the pole. It fit perfectly. I used a shoe string to tie the Bong brush to the acid brush. After tying it together, I gave it a try. It works.

If either brush is ever needed for another project, just untie it and you are good to go.

It's August and it won't be long before the leaves will start turning and falling. I'm ready for it.

• extension pole that is made for attachments
  • acid brush made to fit the extension pole
  • Bong brush (short handle scrub brush)
  • string for tying the two brushes together
Make Your Own Gutter Guard Sweeper - supplies

1. Attach acid brush to the extension pole. This helps to hold the brush and also you will be able to see the angle you will need to put the Bong brush on the acid brush. Place Bong brush in the middle of the acid brush with bristles pointing down. Bong brush bristles are facing down and acid brush bristles are facing up.
  2. Make Your Own Gutter Guard -Sweeper - tip of long pole

Make Your Own Gutter Guard Sweeper - acid brush

Make Your Own Gutter Guard Sweeper - attach the acid brush to the pole

Make Your Own Gutter Guard Sweeper - place Bong brush in the center of the acid brush with Bong brush bristles facing down

3. Use a string to tie the Bong brush to the acid brush. (I used a long shoe string).
  4. Make Your Own Gutter Guard Sweeper - tie the Bong brush in place with a long shoe string or cord

Make Your Own Gutter Guard Sweeper - side view of brushes in place

5. Give it a try.
  6. Make Your Own Gutter Guard Sweeper - ready to use

7. Screw it off and store it with your other attachments.
  8. Make Your Own Gutter Guard Sweeper - remove from the pole and store for usage

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsOctober 19, 2019
🐛
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Make-Your-Own-Gutter-Guard-Sweeper-1.html