Cleaning ToolsCleaning

Make Your Own Gutter Guard Sweeper

I have been looking for a curved brush attachment to go on my 12 ft. extension pole to use to sweep the leaves off our gutter guards. I can't find one so I made one myself.

I found a short Bong brush at Lowe's Home Improvement store. I already had an acid brush attachment for the pole. It fit perfectly. I used a shoe string to tie the Bong brush to the acid brush. After tying it together, I gave it a try. It works.

If either brush is ever needed for another project, just untie it and you are good to go.

It's August and it won't be long before the leaves will start turning and falling. I'm ready for it.

1. Attach acid brush to the extension pole. This helps to hold the brush and also you will be able to see the angle you will need to put the Bong brush on the acid brush. Place Bong brush in the middle of the acid brush with bristles pointing down. Bong brush bristles are facing down and acid brush bristles are facing up.
  2. Use a string to tie the Bong brush to the acid brush. (I used a long shoe string).
  3. Give it a try.
  4. Screw it off and store it with your other attachments.

My husband will not let me climb the ladder to check the gutters. Although, I do not feel like I would fall, he has complete control there because I can't get the ladder and carry it by myself.

I want to see what is going on up there so I tied a mirror onto my Gutter Sweeper and gave it a try. It worked beautifully. Now I can tell if and when there is a problem.

It's kind of like a dentist looking at your teeth. LOL!! It works!!