Make a Sailing Boat from a Plastic Bottle
Rather than recycling that empty plastic bottle make a fun to play with sail boat for the tub or pool. This is a page about how to make a sailing boat from a plastic bottle.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A fab little project for you to make with your children and grandchildren this summer. Make these great little boats and then go sailing!
You only need a clean plastic bottle, elastic band, a cork, a straw, and some material for the sails. (You could use the plastic from a carrier bag also).
By Monique from Somerset, UK., Weston-super-Mare
Need a fun activity for the kids on a rainy day? We made boats out of plastic bottles and decorated them with supplies on I had on hand. They kept the kids occupied and they had fun making their toy boats.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- plastic bottle
- pipe cleaner
- hot glue gun
- craft sticks
- assorted foam/gems
- Cut the bottom portion of plastic bottle off. This will be your "boat" as it can float! Recycle remaining bottle.
- Using a craft stick and pipe cleaner, create flag.
- Hot glue the flag to the boat/bottom of the plastic bottle in the center.
- It is ready for your child to decorate with supplies they already, have with adult supervision as we're using hot glue. They decorated with theirs with foam shapes/gems.
- Your children can now play with the boat toy in the tub, sink, or in the bowl.
Teri Clark0 found this helpful
July 6, 2005
Kids love to play in the water. And kids especially love to float toys in the water. With this great craft, they can play with a toy of their own making.