BeveragesFood Tips

Make and Transport Sweet Southern Ice Tea

contest winner icon
Always start with cold water and four family size Lipton tea bags. Bring tea to a simmer, add approximately 1 gallon cold water and 2 cups sugar. Use less water if desired, and adjust sugar to taste. Stir well and refrigerate.

When you make sweet tea for pot-luck dinners or family picnics, a great way to carry it spill free is to cover the top with plastic wrap, put the lid on the container, wrap again with plastic wrap and secure with a rubber band.

No more spilled tea in your car!

Thank you

If two brands of milk or water cost the same and taste the same, I always buy the one that has a screw on lid (if one does). I detest those snap on lids.

I don't like those snap-on lids either. Sometimes though, I don't have the screw on caps and this method helps. Thanks for your comment!