Making Apple Oatmeal Bars
These cinnamon apple oatmeal bars are easy to make as well as delicious. Make some soon using the recipe found on this page.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
An economical recipe from the Great Depression. Fall is a great time to make this. Your house will smell great!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 9 bars
Source: Tightwad Gazette
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cup chopped apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Grease 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Pat half of the mixture into the pan.
- Layer on apples and sugar.
- Crumble remaining mixture on top of the apples.
- Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cool on wire rack thoroughly before cutting into bars.
October 24, 20171 found this helpful
Ill have to make apple oatmeal bars soon!
October 26, 20170 found this helpful
Sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing!
October 26, 20171 found this helpful
Sounds good. Thanks for sharing!