Making Autumn Grape Cake
This made from scratch cake has raisins and grapes baked inside. Then it is served with a ginger, honey, lime reduction syrup. The instructions and ingredients list follows.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love this cake, especially for the autumn season. It's got both grapes and raisins in it. I serve it warm with a ginger lime honey reduction syrup. It's very easy to make but incredibly elegant. I hope you try it. :)
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 45
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 Tbsp softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup raisins (any variety, I used golden)
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- Reduction Syrup
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch pan or baking dish. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat together the butter and sugar in another large bowl for about 5 minutes.
- Slowly beat in the eggs.
- Beat in olive oil and milk.
- Slowly fold in dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together the raisins and 1 cup of the grapes with the tablespoon of flour.
- Add the fruit to the cake batter and stir only enough to blend.
- Pour the batter into your pan or baking dish.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- To make the honey reduction, grate ginger and squeeze in juice of half a lime.
- Add raisins and remaining grapes.
- Bring honey to a simmer in a small sauce pan then add ginger grape mixture.
- Cook for 1 minute then switch off. Let the glaze cool to thicken up a bit.
- Drizzle glaze over warm cake and serve. I like mine with a tiny dollop of whipped cream. :)
December 17, 20160 found this helpful
Your husband is a gourmand, right? How could he not be, what with all the delectable dishes you prepare!
December 18, 20160 found this helpful
Let's just say most people added to my life tend to add on 10-30 pounds! :o