Making Autumn Grape Cake
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
November 16, 2016
I love this cake, especially for the autumn season. It's got both grapes and raisins in it. I serve it warm with a ginger lime honey reduction syrup. It's very easy to make but incredibly elegant. I hope you try it. :)
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 45
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 Tbsp softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup raisins (any variety, I used golden)
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- Reduction Syrup
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch pan or baking dish. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat together the butter and sugar in another large bowl for about 5 minutes.
- Slowly beat in the eggs.
- Beat in olive oil and milk.
- Slowly fold in dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together the raisins and 1 cup of the grapes with the tablespoon of flour.
- Add the fruit to the cake batter and stir only enough to blend.
- Pour the batter into your pan or baking dish.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- To make the honey reduction, grate ginger and squeeze in juice of half a lime.
- Add raisins and remaining grapes.
- Bring honey to a simmer in a small sauce pan then add ginger grape mixture.
- Cook for 1 minute then switch off. Let the glaze cool to thicken up a bit.
- Drizzle glaze over warm cake and serve. I like mine with a tiny dollop of whipped cream. :)
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.