Making Bleach Bottle Bunny Easter Baskets

I am looking for directions on how to make an Easter basket like one I received as a child in the 60s. (something similar to the attached photo of a pinkytoast basket) My mother made it out of a bleach bottle and it had a hole cut in the front or back.

The "fur" was made from colored plastic attached to the bottle with pipe cleaners. It was fluffed up like a pom-pom. I got a pink bunny and my brother got a yellow duck. I would like to make some for my grandchildren. Any ideas?

By Cindy S

Supplies: Hot glue gun and glue sticks, Bleach bottle or any strong plastic bottle, Styrofoam ball (large), Bunny ear headband, Doll face or rabbit face (very hard to find I am using my originals from the 60s), Pipe cleaners cut into 1 inch pieces, a few rolls of cellophane wrapping paper cut into 2X3 inch squares, 1 inch pompoms, 3 inch pompom for tail, accessories to decorate with flowers, birds etc.

Directions: first cut the hole in the bottle where you want the opening, then Hot glue the Styrofoam ball firmly to the top pressing down. Glue on headband, glue on face, Take each square of cellophane and fold it like a bowtie then take a pipe cleaner and twist it in the middle of cellophane.

After you have your cellophane pieces ready begin gluing them into the Styrofoam head or you can use the pompoms for the head, Then glue the cellophane pieces directly to the bottle. After all cellophane is glued in place you can take scissors and trim cellophane to look nice. I hope this helps.

Anonymous

I had one as well and have made them too....if you go to Amazon and search "vintage craft bunny faces" it should come up....I plan to make these for Spring craft show....

Anonymous

I was looking for these instructions for ever. How much cellophane do it take to make these

Crafts Easter BasketsJanuary 20, 2013
🌻
📓
🎂