Making Bread Chips
June 19, 2019
My little boy loves to have bread chips on his lunch box. I don't have time to even drop in to the grocery so I tried to imitate his favorite crunchy bread snack.
- melted butter
- Risparmio grated topping with Parmesan
- fine salt or cheese powder
- Cut bread into thin slices.
- Drizzle with melted butter. Lightly stir to coat the slices with the butter.
- Sprinkle with fine salt or cheese powder. Or you can do this later whenever you prefer.
- Sprinkle with Risparmio topping and stir lightly again or place in a resealable plastic bag. Shake well to coat the powder on to the bread.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 150 C.
- Sprinkle again with Risparmio topping and a bit of cheese powder and shake well in a resealable plastic bag again.
- Serve with your favorite dip.
June 13, 20210 found this helpful
My mother made something similar with regular bread. She would cut the piece of bread in fourths, butter it and sprinkle with garlic. Or shed make garlic butter and just spread it lightly. Put in a warm oven till dried out. She made a tomato-less cheese dip to dip it in. It was awesome. I need to make some of it for the 4th of July.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.