OtherRecycled Crafts

Making Confetti from Magazines and Shopping Catalogs

Vote for this contest contender!

I receive the latest shopping catalog trends, but I never purchase anything because of the high retail prices. I do like to browse the catalog and see what's trendy. These companies spend a lot of money printing and the quality of the color/paper is nice, so it'd be a waste to toss! You could make confetti or paper filling/stuffing to be used for scrapbooking, gifts, arts and craft projects.

I love to add confetti inside cards or letters. And, you can make dimension with assorted shapes as gift wrap filling/stuffing.

1. Open shopping catalog in the center. Using a staple remover or scissors pry open staples and remove. This will make it easier to maneuver each individual page.
  2. Using assorted paper punches, you can punch out or freehand cut designs. I like this concept because you're getting the latest fashion trend patterns right from the catalog to be used for your scrapbooking, arts and crafts or as confetti.
  3. Or, you can punch out simple plain shapes and save for other projects. It'd be a waste to toss out a perfectly good shopping catalog.
  4. To add dimension to the hearts, you can fold back and forth and add as gift filling.

What a great idea... thank you for sharing this.