Making Curtains Out Of Sheets

I was wondering if anyone has ever made curtains out of sheets. I was thinking that I could buy some twin size flat sheets of the color, of choice at Wal-Mart and use them. They already have a pocket sewn in, I could put in a curtain rod and tie back. Has anyone ever done this? And if so, how did you like the way they looked. Or do any of you have a better way?

Thanks,
Becky

Answers:

Making Curtains Out Of Sheets

Instead of using the wide hem to put the rod through you can also use drapery clips. Just put the clip on the sheet then feed the rings through the rod for a clean modern look. (09/05/2007)

By Jodi

Making Curtains Out Of Sheets

My mom made me curtains in high school from sheets. They looked good. I suggest you stay way from patterns that match or look like a sheet print. Unless its a modern pattern. You will have to add a liner on the back or the pattern shows on the street. (08/23/2008)

By cheap

Making Curtains Out Of Sheets

I use sheets as backing for my quilts, as you can get some really nice colours. Also, I use old sheets, as in-between backing and outer fabric. (10/16/2008)

By Elaine R